Accelerate Your Healthcare Organization’s Digital Transformation at HIMSS20
I went to my first HIMSS conference in 1996. At that time, every doctor with a garage and a good idea had built an EHR and was exhibiting at HIMSS. You walked the floor, and it was huge then, but small compared to today’s health IT conference. Some of my Informatica colleagues had already been going to HIMSS for decades before I arrived. Collectively, our onsite team this year has probably spent well over 100 years attending HIMSS!
As a data guy, I’ve always had the fervent belief that using data effectively could fundamentally change healthcare—for 25 years I’ve believed it. But now—finally—we are at the point where these aspirations are truly possible. This rich wealth of data, the capacity to store and process it, and the urgent NEED to do something with it, will finally deliver on so many of the promises we’ve dreamt of for so long. Because the digital transformation of healthcare is real, and it is upon us.
Leading healthcare organizations are driving transformative initiatives to improve financial performance and competitive position by deepening customer relationships; improving care coordination to succeed under value-based care models; and investing in Artificial Intelligence solutions to improve quality and reduce costs.
You’ve got the data. You’ve got the business imperative, the new payment models, the new steps in innovation. We’re collectively at a tipping point where we need to do something, and we need to do something now.
I’m expecting this to be the prevailing sentiment at HIMSS20.
Healthcare IT professionals are witnessing the arrival of an entirely new generation of data management capabilities, which include cheaper and faster storage and processing power across multi-cloud environments. These new capabilities lead to increased agility and analytic insights where you can make possible what never existed before. Your creativity knows no bounds.
And we all have an obligation to do something.
- The Affordable Care Act requires us to change our reimbursement models to pay for patient results and outcomes, instead of clinical activity.
- We must also contend with changing consumer expectations. Our patients and members expect the same digital and engaging experiences they’ve come to enjoy across so many other consumer-facing interactions across retail, media, and other industries.
- Many providers and payers alike are also looking to move healthcare out of hospital and into the community with a full focus on wellness.
The confluence of these three driving forces prioritize our need to behave differently in healthcare, and we should expect these topics to dominate conversations at the event.
We should also expect to see modern, transformative technology on display.
Previously, what was possible with data was constrained by what you could afford and architect. This is no longer true with modern technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence, and the Internet of Things. Your power to innovate has been unleashed. And unleashing the creativity and collective intellect of your healthcare enterprise is your most valuable opportunity!
At HIMSS20 in Orlando, FL from March 9-13, I want to help make this real for you. Come visit me and my colleagues at Booth 949 to check out our DataTALKS theater session or see a demo.
During our DataTALKS sessions at HIMSS20, we’ll share use cases on:
- City of Hope’s journey to migrate multiple data marts to a single, central integrated repository
- UNC Health Care’s path to accelerating next-gen analytics adoption
- Prescribing the architecture for a data ecosystem that makes your data lake an asset your community will crave.
- The on-ramp to Azure and getting to the cloud quickly and efficiently
If you believe as I do that data is the future of healthcare, the best time you can spend at HIMSS is chatting with our data experts. Informatica is the leader in enterprise cloud data management and has been helping hundreds of healthcare organizations address challenges like these and more for over 25 years.
Take a look at the full DataTALKS theater schedule and reserve your seat here.
I hope to see you there!