Embracing Transformation with Intelligent Data at HIMSS19
The signs of disruption in the healthcare industry are everywhere: Massive mergers. Major employers test driving new data-driven employee-based population health and preventive care programs. A major online retailer acquiring a pharmacy benefits administrator.
It’s an exciting and transformational time for the healthcare market, and the possibilities are extraordinary. Patients can benefit from better information about health choices. Physicians can be more confident about treatment plans with greater visibility into outcomes. Health plans have a better understanding of treatment options. Even the potential to realize the promise of personalized medicine and targeted therapies without risking patient privacy.
And as I look to HIMSS19 quickly approaching, I think one theme is clear: Data is the future of healthcare. It is the driving force underlying emerging technologies like artificial intelligence, (AI); analytics and applications in the cloud; and entirely new applications that enhance the patient and member experience. Health systems, hospitals and healthcare insurers must manage data as a strategic, enterprise asset in order to unleash the power of data, accelerate data-driven digital transformation, improve decision-making speed and accuracy, and promote more seamless change management by fostering a data-driven culture within an organization.
HIMSS19 spotlights “champions of health” and “superheroes” through the journeys they’ve taken to advance the safety, efficiency, and quality of care, outcomes, health, and well-being for everyone. Faced with all of the challenges and complexities of today’s healthcare environment, how can you accomplish your mission?
To succeed with your goals in today’s healthcare industry, you need to unleash the power of your data. Five key areas are especially critical for data management:
- Before you can actually make data-driven decisions (either for business purposes or for clinical care), you must be able to show that the data is reliable and trustworthy, and that’s an issue solved with data governance.
- Accelerate innovation with big data management and next-gen analytics to deliver new insights you can trust and without the time, cost and effort of older approaches to analytics. With effective data lake management, you can quickly and seamlessly merge data sources and put actionable information in the hands of clinical and business analysts to improve patient outcomes and care protocols.
- Achieve a 360-degree view of patients, members, providers and other key healthcare participants to enhance the patient experience, improve operations and save money by mastering your provider, reference, or supplier data to achieve a single authoritative, trustworthy view.
- The relationship between healthcare, ethics, and governance has never been more important. A focus on data privacy initiatives can help reduce risk when sharing data while complying with regulations like HIPAA and much more demanding regulations like the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- To power your journey to the cloud and fuel agility, you need a modular, intelligent hybrid data management platform across on-premises and multi-cloud environments. Cloud data warehouse capabilities boost performance, productivity, and connectivity.
If you plan to attend HIMSS, be sure to visit Informatica at booth #3821 to hear from our data management experts and see deep dive demos that include these best practices. And I invite you to discover more about how Informatica can help accelerate your digital transformation journey with Intelligent Data Management.