It’s GO Time …or Let’s Just Say GA Time… Announcing General Availability of Support for Snowflake on Azure
Well, it’s GO time now, or shall we say GA time.
Yes, we are delighted to announce General Availability of our support for Snowflake on Azure. This is in keeping with our promise and illustrating to our customers that we are continuing to deepen our technical integration and partnership with Snowflake.
This support will be available for the following Informatica Data Integration products:
- Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services, which is now certified for Snowflake on Azure
- Informatica PowerCenter, on Informatica version 10.2.0 HF1, available now
- Informatica Big Data Management, release 10.2.2 coming out during the 4th quarter of 2018
Informatica’s “Snowflake Cloud Data Warehouse” connector is a native, high-volume data connector that enables users to quickly and easily design big-data integration solutions from any cloud, on-premises or hybrid data sources to any number of Snowflake databases.
Highlighted below are some of the benefits that customers can leverage from this integration:
- Comprehensive connectivity that supports Read, Write, Update, Upsert
- Ability to create target tables dynamically in Snowflake based on the structure of data being loaded
- Ability to insert in bulk
- Wide range of transformations available on all Informatica products
- Ability read using SQL queries and also from Snowflake Views in addition to tables
- Comprehensive Push Down Optimization that allows a user to define the transformations using Informatica’s mapping designer and run it on Snowflake’s compute power using Snowflake compatible SQL. This allows users to use either ETL or ELT pattern based on their choice, using just a checkbox
To learn more, visit our website.
To learn more about Snowflake on Azure