Informatica is Three for Three as a Leader in the 2018 Gartner Metadata Management MQ
Gartner recently published their third annual 2018 Metadata Management MQ and for the third year in a row Informatica was again named a Leader.
Why should a business leader care about metadata management and what does it mean to be a leader? Metadata management sounds like something only IT should care about and an IT problem. But it is a critical business requirement when it comes to the digital transformation of a company’s business.
A digital transformation requires an intelligent metadata management approach that supports all your data-driven requirements for data cataloging, data governance and compliance, big data and self-service analytics, and data privacy and compliance. From a business solutions perspective, Informatica addresses the following key requirements for each of these use-cases:
- Data Cataloging – a complete view of all enterprise data
- Data Governance and Compliance (e.g. GDPR) – e.g. define policies, processes, and stakeholders for GDPR compliance
- Big Data & Self-Service Analytics – end-to-end data pipeline to ingest, stream, integrate, enrich, prepare, define, catalog, relate, protect, and deliver data with security and governance built in and self-service tools for business users and analysts
- Data Privacy and Protection – identify, monitor, and protect sensitive data based on risk models
In the report, Gartner says “Leaders in metadata management solutions are front-runners with an offering that supports the full range of metadata management capabilities. They exhibit a clear understanding of, and vision for, where the market is headed and are strong in matching customers’ requirements in a variety of use cases.”
Informatica would add to that, as we feel that leaders in this market must align to business oriented outcomes. Customers that have invested in Informatica as part of their digital transformation have told us we’re the only vendor with an innovative vision to deliver comprehensive, best-of-breed metadata-driven solutions for all key use-cases, built to scale for Big Data and Cloud deployments, powered by unified metadata and AI/ML (CLAIRE), multi-persona collaboration for all stakeholders involved in the data pipeline, and global customer adoption services
- Data Cataloging – Discover and understand all your enterprise data with an AI curated data catalog built for Big Data and Cloud scale having the broadest metadata connectivity, built-in data profiling, AI-driven data classification and labeling, summary as well as detailed lineage, integration with policy driven business focused governance, and extensible and embeddable with open API’s
- Data Governance and Compliance (e.g. GDPR) – End-to-end collaborative data governance for business and IT. Informatica provides the continuous ability to define policies and rules, implement the corresponding controls in the technical and data management tier, and then subsequently report the outcomes of those measurements to the accountable stakeholders to drive a model of continuous improvement in data management and utilization, a kind of ‘Kaizen’ for data management, if you will.
- Big Data & Self-Service Analytics – Informatica provides AI and metadata powered self-service analytics built on a complete data lake management platform. This provides the ability to ingest data at any latency, handle streaming and real-time data processing, integrate all types of data at any scale, cleanse and enrich data, prepare data for analytics and collaborate on projects, match and relate entities, and orchestrate data flows to provision data throughout the enterprise
- Data Privacy and Protection – Informatica is focused on the data and associated risk. It’s a multi-dimensional view of the data with out-of-the-box risk scoring (customizable) to reflect an organizations specific operating environment. Customers can prioritize their resources and investments and focus on protecting the data itself. Informatica’s solution supports all data types and is policy driven, enabling customers to discover, correlate, monitor, then orchestrate and institute data protections.
Ultimately, it’s all about “maximizing business value” and Informatica’s AI-Driven Metadata Management is the key to unleashing the power of data.
Data is the new currency of valuation. So don’t place your crown jewels in risky unproven technology vendors that only address one project use-case or homegrown solutions which take years to develop and mature. Informatica’s metadata management solutions are used by more than 2000 customers worldwide and widespread mindshare in this market.
For example, Toyota is using Informatica’s Enterprise Data Catalog and Axon as part of their data governance practice that will provide analytics across the value chain. This will help the manufacturer deliver personalized, rich, and connected experiences for their customers. A complete and governed view of data coming from suppliers, 3rd party systems and internal systems as part of an AI-powered data management is helping the company re-imagine their customer outreach.
Another customer, Paypal has embarked on a mission to launch payment services rapidly so they could adapt to the changing market and demand for different needs for different consumers. They invested in Informatica’s metadata management solution to help automate their data governance program across the enterprise giving users access to information, rules, and policies about how that information is managed, audited, and maintained.
Customers like these are taking an intelligent approach to metadata management and this is why we believe Gartner has named Informatica a leader in the “2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Metadata Management Solutions”. Download your complimentary copy and learn why Gartner has positioned Informatica at the furthest and highest on the completeness of vision and ability to execute axes.
Gartner Magic Quadrant for Metadata Management Solutions, Guido De Simoni and Roxane Edjlali, XX August 2018
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.