Accelerating Data Management with Artificial Intelligence
At Informatica World 2017, Informatica announced CLAIRE, the metadata-driven artificial intelligence in the Informatica Intelligent Data Platform.
In summary: CLAIRE is the engine that will deliver intelligence to all the data management capabilities of the platform. CLAIRE will make data management recommendations, suggestions, and even provide automation of some data management tasks.
Data volumes and complexity are exploding while technology change is accelerating. And now The Economist has said that, “The World’s Most Valuable Resource is No Longer Oil, But Data.”
Digital strategies are, by definition, data-driven. What is your plan to succeed?
We are in a period of what Informatica is calling a “generational shift” in technology. We are seeing these shifts at every level of the technology stack. For example:
- Data visualization: Shifting from BI tool to data visualization.
- Applications: Large, integrated on-premises systems breaking up and moving to the cloud.
- Storage: Shifting from RDBMS to Hadoop, NoSQL, Columnar and more.
- Compute: Big data has gone from MapReduce to Spark and now possibly to Flink.
- Deployment: On-premises shifting to the cloud, or more accurately, multiple clouds.
Informatica has always been 100% focused on driving the productivity of data management. Now, to take the next step, Informatica is building artificial intelligence into the Intelligent Data Platform as a service that will use enterprise metadata to make the platform more intelligent and productive.
To find out more download the CLAIRE white paper published 5/16/17. (No login or personal information required)
“Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.”