It’s a Great Time to Be a Data Integration Expert!
And, Informatica World 2017 is the place you should be! May 15-18, Moscone West, San Francisco.
If you are a PowerCenter expert and an aspiring Data Integration expert, this will be a great chance to really “up your game.” Your organization has never needed your skills more. New transformative business initiatives need to be fueled by data, but are struggling to get the right data, at the right quality level, at the right time. The complexity of data management is only growing. Some quick examples:
- More data: Coming from more sources with more data complexity
- More integration patterns: Application suites are decomposing and being replaced by more agile cloud applications. The area is analytics is shifting from RDBMS/Data warehouse to NoSQL, big data, columnar, and more
- More users: An entirely new class of less-technical users is emerging that expects to be able to discover, manage, and prepare data with no IT assistance
It’s going to take a whole new approach to IT and a whole new way of thinking about data. And that is why the topic of data integration is growing and expanding at a rapid pace.
Let’s make this easy. Here is a list of must-not-miss breakout sessions at Informatica World 2017 for you. You can hear the latest on PowerCenter, hybrid data management, big data, intelligence, and data governance. Many of the sessions will be delivered by thought-leading customers who have “been there and done that.”
Tuesday May 16th
- CLD306: Intro to PowerCenter on the Cloud IaaS and Cloud Data Integration 11:00 – 1:00 pm
- DI&BD101: Using Data to Transform Your Business: TDWI’s Perspective on Data Lakes
- DQG103: Introducing Informatica Axon and Enterprise Data Governance 1:40 – 2:20 pm
- DI&BD: Panel- DI Practices for Digital Transformation 2:40 – 3:20 pm
- DI&BD15: What Every Informatica User Needs to Know About Data Management Automation 2:40 – 3:20 pm
- DI&BD104: Panel- Best Practices For Quickly Preparing Big Data: with Kaiser and Dell 3:40 – 4:20pm
- DI&BD105: What’s New With PowerCenter and Big Data Solutions 4:40 – 5:20 pm
- CLD105: Delivering Data Fast- Asurion’s Journey with Data Lake Management on AWS 4:40 – 5:20 pm
Wednesday May 17th
- DI&BD303: How to use Enterprise Information Catalog for Analytics and Data Governance 8:00 – 1:00 am
- CLD102: PowerCenter Experts- Connect and Start Your Journey to Cloud 8:40 – 9:20 am
- DI&BD106: Agile and Modern Data Integration at UBS With PowerCenter 8:40 – 9:20 am
- DI&BD112: PowerCenter- Tips and Tricks for Optimal Performance 9:40 – 10:20 am
- DI&BD108: Nissan’s Data Integration Hub and Tableau Powered “Data Alchemy” 10:40 – 11:20 am
- CLD109: Shaw Communications Inc: Accelerating Hybrid Journey to Cloud with Informatica and AWS RedShift 11:40 – 12:20 pm
- DI&BD110: ConocoPhilip’s Next Gen Metadata Management with Enterprise Information Catalog 2:20 – 3:00 pm
…And be sure not to miss the General Sessions. This year, again, Informatica will be unveiling innovative new data management capabilities that will literally change the shape of data management.
For architects, there is a full Architecture Day on Thursday May 18th.
Attending this year’s Informatica World will be great for your career and great for your organization.