Realizing a Seamless End-to-end Information Supply Chain
According to Accenture, 76% of supply chain executives are not satisfied with their overall supply chain performance. And about three out of every four executives think their supply chain and sales & marketing functions are misaligned when it comes to responding to market needs.*
Lack of Supply Chain Visibility and Ineffective Collaboration
A lack of supply chain visibility and ineffecitve collaboration is often the reason for poor supply chain performance. It often leads to bad decision making, missed market opportunities, high costs, slow time-to-market, and increased manual workloads. But more importantly, it frequently results in a bad customer experience.
Typically, organizations manage information about their suppliers, products, and services in multiple siloed systems across regions, departments, or business units. Adding, changing, or correcting the information in one system doesn’t automatically update all the other systems that need that information. In fact, many of those updates never reach critical systems which distribute product content on channels.
- The information required for processing, distributing, or selling products and services is inaccurate, inconsistent, incomplete, and fragmented.
- Collaboration between different departments, like sales, marketing, procurement, finance or supplier relationship management is ineffective.
- Many processes are redundant resulting in workload and duplicate data.
- This disjointed way of managing business-critical data blocks a single trusted view of all supplier and product data.
How “Digital Trendsetters” Are Driving New Value
In order to meet their customer needs, reduce operational inefficiencies, and speed up time-to-market, retailers, manufacturers, and distributors need a better way to manage their product and supplier data across functions, processes, and systems. While more and more organizations have understood the value of leveraging product information management (PIM) for their business, they often disregard the need of connecting their PIM with their supplier relationship management application for an end-to-end visibility of their information supply chain and seamless collaboration between internal stakeholders and with business partners.
Accenture Strategy recently published the report “Digital Trendsetters: Secrets of the most successful digital supply chains” and found out that “creating a flexible ecosystem where everyone can have access to the right information to work together collaboratively toward a common goal is a top priority for fully two thirds of digital trendsetters.”**
I see more and more of those “digital trendsetters” in retail, manufacturing, and distribution leveraging master-data fueled solutions that help connect their supply chain and go-to-market strategies and improve end-to-end visibility, streamline supplier management and omnichannel commerce. It helps them cut costs, increase agility, boost sales & ROI, improve customer experience, and much more.
To support multiple departments, teams and suppliers of an organization with the capabilities to jointly manage their supplier-, product data and omnichannel tasks, they use Informatica MDM-Supplier 360 & Product 360 based on one single platform.
The solution provides:
- Two integrated business applications to support processes from strategic sourcing to omnichannel management based on one horizontal platform, shared processes and meta data
- Built on top of Informatica’s Intelligent Data Platform, including industry-leading proactive Data Quality and end-to-end Data Integration products, as well as Informatica’s holistic Data Governance solution
- One supplier portal for all interaction and improved supplier relationship management
The solution helps retailers, manufacturers and distributors to connect their supply chain and go-to-market strategies and improve end-to-end visibility.
Sourcing, procurement, finance and supply chain executives leverage MDM-Supplier 360 to manage supplier life-cycles, to monitor supplier risk and to collaborate with vendors.
Merchandisers, product managers, procurement or marketing managers can collaborate on making products ready for sales and marketing with MDM – Product 360.
- Boost sales & ROI
- Benefit from and provide great usability
- Increase operational agility and responsiveness
- Ensure data quality, completeness and consistency
- Significantly improve their customer experience
If you want to become a digital supply chain trendsetter, start by reading this solution brief.
* “Driving growth and competitiveness: Eliminating the disconnect between sales and supply chain”
** “Digital Trendsetters: Secrets of the most successful digital supply chains”