Nordics Retailer Elkjøp Awarded Best Omnichannel Solution at 2016 RETA Europe
Last week, during a dinner gala as part of EuroCIS in Dusseldorf, Germany, EHI – a European scientific institute for retail and commerce with 750 member organizations worldwide – honored the 2016 Retail Technology Awards (reta)-winners.
Every year, the RETA Awards distinguish retail companies for their implementation of outstanding and innovative information technology solutions in retail. Selected by a jury with representatives of industry, universities and research institutions, the award for the “best omnichannel” implementation was handed to Norwegian electronics retailer, Elkjøp, represented by their Project Manager Retail Systems, Steinar Berger (picture).
Better known as Elgiganten outside of Norway, Elkjøp is the largest consumer electronics retailer in the Nordic countries, with 400 stores across 6 countries and over 10.000 employees. Elkjøp had selected Informatica MDM – Product 360 (PIM), Data Quality and PowerCenter to shift from an organization focused on selling products to one that is focused on providing the best customer shopping experience.
Here is why the EHI Retail Institute jury selected Elkjøp using Informatica as a winner for the best omnichannel solution: Using Informatica, Elkjøp has:
- Improved accuracy and completeness of product data on Elkjop.com resulting in reduced customer complaints and fewer returns.
- Ensured better, consistent customer experience across store, catalog promotions and online sales channels.
- Reduced time to market by up to 60% by decreasing time to onboard new online product information from several hours to only a few minutes.
- Reduced the number of duplicate or inaccurate products online by 20% due to inherent bad data quality issues.
- Increased efficiency of product on-boarding and better possibilities to maintain sales channels such as web, mobile and in-store with product information.
- Reduced manual process efforts with automated email marketing campaigns.
Informatica’s solutions make it very simple to automate and validate product data from suppliers and get products to market much faster with better quality data. This in turn enhances the customer experience across various channels, including online, catalogs, brochures and in stores.
— Thomas Thykjaer, Master Data Architect, Elkjøp
Watch this video with Thomas Thykjaer, Master Data Architect at Elkjøp explaining why accurate product information is at the heart of a retailer’s transformation to omnichannel:
Elkjøp uses Informatica MDM – Product 360 (PIM), Data Quality, B2B Data Exchange and PowerCenter to shift from an organization focused on selling products to one that is focused on providing the best customer shopping experience.