Feed Your Data-Hungry Business with PowerCenter 10! Deep-Dive Webinar With Demos
Remember the good old days, when you could just load your data warehouse once a week or once a month from your relational database? Then use your old faithful BI tool to generate reports for your business stakeholders? Well, those days are long-gone my friend, aren’t they? It’s a brave new world out there for Data Integration. What is driving this new world-order? As one of our customers has so eloquently put it, “Our business has become data-hungry”. I think that just about sums it up, doesn’t it?
Let me try to break it down a bit more. The business has woken up to the critical role that data plays in meeting its goals. It has developed an insatiable appetite for timely, connected, relevant and reliable data. As a result the need for data integration has become more critical than ever before. And suddenly we are seeing all sorts of new requirements pop up for data integration solutions.
- Multiple Styles of Data Integration: Not just our good and trusted friend batch but a proliferation of newer styles such as real time, trickle feed, pub/sub hub, ELT and data federation.
- New Data Types: Not just relational but also semi-structured and unstructured data such as XML, PDF, MS Office and JSON.
- Increased Scale and Complexity: Support for increasing data volume, velocity and variety as well as increased complexity, more users and more projects.
- Self-service and Data Insights: Business user empowerment to discover and profile data and better understand their data through lineage and common terminology.
- IT and Biz Collaboration: Break down barriers and improve communication and collaboration between business and IT stakeholders to drive agility. This requires a better process and role-based tools.
- Operational Confidence: Not only do things fast but also to do them right. The need to optimize and improve data integration testing and monitoring in order to improve quality and expedite the entire development lifecycle.
- Hybrid Ecosystems: Data integration plays a key role in supporting hybrid analytics initiatives, moving data between hybrid data sources and targets and integrating data within a hybrid application ecosystem.
Finally, in order to support business transformation, organizations are modernizing their IT. In today’s data-hungry world, modernizing the data architecture is a crucial element of these modernization efforts. Our customers are increasingly telling us about the role Data integration plays in two major IT aspects of modernization: data warehouse modernization and application modernization.
Given all that we’ve said, I suppose we shouldn’t be surprised by our recent findings of customers’ use cases for PowerCenter, as you can see in Chart 1. You probably will not be surprised that 88% of PowerCenter customers are using it for data warehousing. But did you know that a full 46% are using it for application to application integration? And 31% of PowerCenter customers leverage the platform for application consolidation and migration?
As we can see, Real Time is also becoming a pertinent aspect of data integration. Additionally PowerCenter is the foundation for governance initiatives and supports emerging cloud-hybrid data integration use cases.
Also, as you can see in Chart 2, customers are looking to PowerCenter to address a variety of business challenges. The challenges range from untimely data and reports for decision making, to the need for better data quality, improved integration among applications and increased scalability and data visibility. Just to name a few.
Ten has been a magic number for Informatica this year. For ten years running Informatica has been recognized as a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Integration tools. And in 2015, the tenth year, Informatica was positioned furthest to the right and highest on “Completeness of Vision” and “Ability to Execute” Axes respectively. 1
And coincidentally (or not?) this year also marks the release of PowerCenter 10. We are all excited to share with you in detail what’s new in v10. In our upcoming Webinar What’s New in Informatica PowerCenter 10 – Technical Deep Dive and Demo you will learn why now, more than ever before, PowerCenter can help you address all these new business challenges and requirements, support multiple use cases and help you infuse agility throughout your data integration lifecycle.
We hope you can join the Informatica technical experts for a Deep Dive and Demo Webinar to hear all about PowerCenter 10! Why not Register Today!
1 2015 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools, July 29 2015, Authors: Eric Thoo, Lakshmi Randall
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.