Champions Compete Against Themselves: Announcing Informatica v10
Usain Bolt is often spoken of as the fastest runner ever measured. In 2008, Bolt set an Olympic record in the 100 meters, finishing in 9.69 seconds. But Bolt didn’t stop there, nor rest on his accomplishments. Four years later, at the 2012 Olympics, he bested his own record, completing the event in 9.63 seconds. Bolt’s continual motivation to improve reminds me of Simon Sinek’s quote on the mindset of a champion: Sinek writes that Champions “compete to best themselves as much as, if not more than, they compete to best others.”
In the spirit of a champion’s quest for ever-increasing excellence, I am proud to announce Informatica v10. Version 10 is a new release of our industry-leading data management platform, specifically built for modern data architectures. This release brings new features to three core components – Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica Data Quality and Informatica Data Integration Hub.
Informatica is already a leader in Data Integration and has been so a long time. Gartner has named Informatica a Data Integration category leader for ten consecutive years and a Data Quality category leader for eight consecutive years. And yet true champions keep improving, even when already on top. Champions compete against themselves – they strive to be better than ever before.
In the same way, with Informatica v10, Informatica is bringing forth the most powerful Data Management Platform yet. The new features result in improved performance and enhanced agility. I’ll share just a few examples below.
- Enhancements to PowerCenter allow users to exchange data among operational applications at any speed – batch, near real time or in real time.
- Enhancements to Data Quality improve collaboration across your organization, allowing data stewards and business analysts to partner more effectively to ensure quality data.
- Enhancements to the Data Integration Hub allow you to manage hybrid data flows spanning cloud and on-premise, enabling data pipelines, workflows and visibility across both PowerCenter and Informatica Cloud.
The improvements, features and optimizations are too numerous to list here in this blog post. But I encourage you to take a moment to learn more:
- To learn the details of the Informatica v10 release, take note of the press release here: http://infa.media/PR151013a
- To hear what customer and partners are saying about support for Informatica v10, see here: http://infa.media/PR151013b
- To review the top 10 reasons Informatica v10 is the best data management platform on the market, see here: http://infa.media/SS151013a
- To attend our live virtual launch webinar on Thursday, October 15, see here: http://infa.media/v10LaunchEvent
I’m focused on what I want to do – I know what I need to do to be a champion, so I’m working on it. – Usain Bolt