Choosing a Data Integration Solution? The 2015 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools is a Go-To Source!
Choosing your enterprise Data Management partner wisely is a strategic decision for your company. It can affect the agility, quality, reliability and security of business critical systems. This decision can impact core elements of your business, such as executive dashboards. Or the seamless business flow from customer quote to product delivery, involving systems such as SAP and Salesforce.com. We often hear from our customers that their business could not function without their Data Integration platform.
What are the most important criteria in making your choice of a Data Integration platform? As you might imagine, our customers often share these criteria with us. We find several common decision factors, which influence the selection process for Enterprise Data Integration solutions:
- Growth with modern and traditional use-cases: Customers wish to maximize their investment in a Data Integration platform. They evaluate vendors’ ability to evolve their environment by supporting a wide range of use cases. This includes data warehousing and analytics, Big Data, cloud, hybrid, real time, application migration and consolidation and application to application integration.
- Innovation with wide variety of data systems: Companies evaluate connectivity support from the Data Integration vendor itself as well as the platform’s eco-system. They desire an innovative vendor who can help them harness emerging data systems and applications such as Hadoop, cloud, real time and streaming data and integrate them with established systems such as mainframe and relational data systems.
- Enterprise Scalability: Customers seek a Data Integration partner who can help them scale their mission critical systems to support exploding data volumes and complexity and multiple projects, while improving availability, performance and data insights.
- Business agility through timely access to quality data: To remain competitive, organizations rely on their Data Integration partner to help them deliver timely, quality data for business decision making. They seek vendors who support agile Data Integration processes and provide data self-service for business users while integrating with a robust, reliable underlying data platform.
- Staff productivity: Customers typically consider the ease of use of the tools, time and resources requirements to deploy a new integration process, the level of automation and reusability of artifacts, and the expected learning curve for new staff.
- Tightly integrated Data Management platform: Customers desire a platform, whereby their Data Integration capabilities would interoperate seamlessly with complimentary data management capabilities, such as Data Quality, Data Security and Master Data Management, offered by vendor.
- Vendor reputation for innovation and customer relationship: Companies seek a highly reputed vendor they can truly partner with to support this mission critical aspect of their business. They prefer a vendor who has consistently demonstrated commitment to their customers’ success and to evolving its Data Integration platform through ongoing innovation and thought leadership.
- Availability of technical skills in the market: Customers prefer tools who boast broad marketplace availability of technical resources, which are well-versed with the platform. They prefer the flexibility of supporting their solution with a mix of in-house employees and consultants.
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO): Enterprise customers evaluate the Initial cost of a new system. But they give greater consideration to Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). TCO includes time and resources required for ongoing development, learning curve for new resources and cost of support and maintenance. Additionally these costs must be weighted out by the number and complexity of projects supported by the platform they invest in.
And do you know what else is common among all enterprise customers evaluating Data Integration tools? And I mean ALL customers? They ALL turn to the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools as their go-to resource for evaluating vendors.
So it gives me great pleasure to share that according to the newly-released 2015 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Integration tools. Informatica is positioned as a ‘Leader’ for the 10th year in a row.1 Informatica is positioned furthest and highest on “Completeness of Vision” and “Ability to Execute” Axes respectively. Informatica is seriously committed to its customers and to the Data Integration space. We work extremely hard as an organization to earn our customers’ satisfaction, trust and loyalty.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our customers for once again demonstrating such overwhelming support for Informatica and trusting us to support your mission critical Data Management needs!
Please read Gartner’s full report to get all the details on why Informatica ranked in the report as it did.
* This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Informatica.
1 2015 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools, July 29 2015, Authors: Eric Thoo, Lakshmi Randall
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.