Amazon Web Services and Informatica Deliver Data-Ready Cloud Computing Infrastructure for Every Business
At re:Invent 2014 in Las Vegas, Informatica and AWS announced a broad strategic partnership to deliver data-ready cloud computing infrastructure to any type or size of business.
Informatica’s comprehensive portfolio across Informatica Cloud and PowerCenter solutions connect to multiple AWS Data Services including Amazon Redshift, RDS, DynamoDB, S3, EMR and Kinesis – the broadest pre-built connectivity available to AWS Data Services. Informatica and AWS offerings are pre-integrated, enabling customers to rapidly and cost-effectively implement data warehousing, large scale analytics, lift and shift, and other key use cases in cloud-first and hybrid IT environments. Now, any company can use Informatica’s portfolio to get a plug-and-play on-ramp to the cloud with AWS.
Economical and Flexible Path to the Cloud
As business information needs intensify and data environments become more complex, the combination of AWS and Informatica enables organizations to increase the flexibility and reduce the costs of their information infrastructures through:
- More cost-effective data warehousing and analytics – Customers benefit from lower costs and increased agility when unlocking the value of their data with no on-premise data warehousing/analytics environment to design, deploy and manage.
- Broad, easy connectivity to AWS – Customers gain full flexibility in integrating data from any Informatica-supported data source (the broadest set of sources supported by any integration vendor) through the use of pre-built connectors for AWS.
- Seamless hybrid integration – Hybrid integration scenarios across Informatica PowerCenter and Informatica Cloud data integration deployments are able to connect seamlessly to AWS services.
- Comprehensive use case coverage – Informatica solutions for data integration and warehousing, data archiving, data streaming and big data across cloud and on-premise applications mesh with AWS solutions such as RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, S3, DynamoDB, EMR and other AWS ecosystem services to drive new and rapid value for customers.
New Support for AWS Services
Informatica introduced a number of new Informatica Cloud integrations with AWS services, including connectors for Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Elastic MapReduce (Amazon EMR) and Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), to complement the existing connectors for Amazon Redshift and Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS).
Additionally, the latest Informatica PowerCenter release for Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) includes support for:
- PowerCenter Standard Edition and Data Quality Standard Edition
- Scaling options – Grid, high availability, pushdown optimization, partitioning
- Connectivity to Amazon RDS and Amazon Redshift
- Domain and repository DB in Amazon RDS for current database PAM (policies and measures)
To learn more, try our 60-day free Informatica Cloud trial for Amazon Redshift.
If you’re in Vegas, please come by our booth at re:Invent, Nov. 11-14, in Booth #1031, Venetian / Sands, Hall.