Tag Archives: trade promotion analytics
In recent blogs I’ve shared our customers’ stories from Dreamforce. In particular, how they are building a trusted customer information foundation for salesforce.com to achieve their business objectives.
- Interstate Batteries’ Story: How Can You Be #1 Without Trusted Customer Information?
- OppenheimerFunds’ Story: Lay a Foundation of Trusted and Complete Customer Information for Salesforce
In this blog, I’ll cover the presentation delivered by Logitech’s Senior Manager, Data Engineering, Doctor of Business Administration, Steven Perelli-Minetti.
Logitech is a $2.32B global company providing consumer electronics to consumers and businesses in 100 countries. Their diverse but focused portfolio of products is sold via direct and indirect sales channels.
Steve explained that Logitech is an Oracle shop. They use Oracle e-Business Suite and Oracle BI. They were using Oracle OWB for data integration until they tried Informatica PowerCenter and realized it was a better fit for their data warehouse support and management.
1. Salesforce Challenge: Integrating Trade Promotion Data into an EDW
Logitech needed to support the business’ need for trade promotion analytics and reporting as well as IT’s need to keep the data safe and secure. They chose Informatica Cloud to replicate data from a custom trade promotion management (TPM) application on Force.com (PaaS), bring it into the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), and combine it with the Soft Dollar Accruals data from Oracle e-Business Suite and POS data.
Steven said the results have been pretty good. They went live in one month. There is little maintenance. It’s subscription-based, which makes it cost effective. Unlike other offerings, they can scale the solution across any other systems.
2. Salesforce Challenge: Integrating Sales Data into an EDW
It’s critical for Logitech to understand what’s going on in their China business, which is an important emerging market. They use Informatica Cloud to integrate China’s Salesforce data with the EDW so management can gain insight into market share at the store level for example.
3. Salesforce Challenge: Managing Trusted Product and Customer Data
Logitech needed to manage a single trusted version of product and customer data across on-premise systems, cloud applications and third party data providers. Now they use Informatica Data Quality and Informatica MDM to consolidate and manage business-critical data on an ongoing basis, which is used by on-premise systems and cloud applications such as Salesforce.
Join us for a live webinar on December 5: Logitech MDM Case Study: Seven Lessons for Mastering Product and Customer Data. Severin Stoll, Senior Business Engagement Manager of Global IT Solutions at Logitech will share seven lessons learned from their global master data management (MDM) implementation.
- Product data: Logitech uses Informatica MDM to consolidate product data (images, descriptions, features, dimensions) from various sources. With this trusted product data foundation, Logitech can ensure consistency of product information across websites managed by third party vendors in various languages across the globe, resulting in efficiencies for the marketing team.
- Customer data: Logitech uses Informatica MDM to consolidate customer data from POS systems via thousands of data providers in many variations, languages and character sets. With this trusted customer data foundation, Logitech has a clearer picture of how products flow through channel partners to end-consumers.
- Register now! Logitech MDM Case Study: Seven Lessons for Mastering Product and Customer Data Live Webinar on December 5.
- See the slide from Logitech’s presentation at Dreamforce or watch this video: Logitech’s use of Salesforce Force.com platform and Informatica Cloud for reporting.