Tag Archives: potential at work
“Business-IT alignment.” The words have been touted so much by vendors (including Informatica), that they have become a platitude. But that doesn’t mean the concept itself isn’t still critical. This recent article in the IT Leader Potential at Work community lists the three actions IT must take to make a real impact on the business, starting by “inciting a revolution” among IT staff and turning them into business thinkers. Check out the article and share your thoughts here.
I’ve always learned a lot about the realities of managing IT from our (now former) CIO, Tony Young. (Don’t worry—Tony is still with Informatica but is now in an executive role with our cloud team.) In his latest thought-provoking Potential at Work article for CIOs, CDOs and other IT executives, he tackles IT consumerization. With users adopting more cloud applications, bringing in personal mobile devices, and generally upping the expectations on access to personalized technology, Tony highlights three key potential red flags that IT leaders need to wrestle to the ground. You can find the full article, as well as many others, at the Potential at Work community.
During Informatica World in early June, we were excited to announce our new Potential at Work Community. You can read Jakki Geiger’s blog introducing the Community to learn more about the goals for this great resource. (more…)
Introducing Potential at Work Community: Unleashing information potential from the server room to the boardroom
I’m excited to announce our new exclusive Potential at Work Community. If you are interested in unleashing the power and potential of information to transform your career, your company and your world, then this is the community for you.
If you have any doubt about the revolutionary impact information can have, you should check out Rick Smolan’s book, “The Human Face of Big Data.” He was the keynote speaker at Informatica World 2013 and opened our eyes to how data is helping combat some of the world’s most challenging problems.
Q: Why launch the Potential at Work Community now?
A: This is an exciting time to be involved in information initiatives. The world of data and information are growing in importance. The mainstream media, such as the Wall Street Journal and Business Week, are covering data initiatives, including big data and Hadoop.
Never before have people in such a wide variety of roles been so deeply involved in harnessing and utilizing information. And, these people are reaching out to us, the data experts, to help them tap into all that data and information, advancing them in their jobs and supporting business innovation.
Q: Who should join?
A: We currently have six flavors of the Potential at Work Community providing actionable insights to data visionaries and information leaders like you. You can join as many communities as you like—each is designed for a specific role.
- Developers, including integration and application developers
- Architects, including data and enterprise architects
- Information leaders, such as those leading analytics, information management and data integration teams
- Application leaders, such as those responsible for enterprise applications such as CRM, ERP or core transaction management
- IT leaders, such as CIOs, Chief Data Officers and VPs of IT
- Sales and marketing leaders, such CMOs, heads of sales, and sales and marketing operations leads
Q: How is it different from other communities?
A: The Potential at Work Community focuses on the power and potential of information. It will transform the way you think about the role of data in today’s world.
When you join, you’ll get an exclusive inside look at:
- actionable insights and one-of-a-kind analysis about changes taking place in the world of data
- insights and advice from industry leaders to build your skills and your career path
- ideas and opinions to transform how you harness data for your organization
Q: How can I engage with the community?
A: There are four ways you can engage:
- Sign up with the Potential at Work Community at www.informatica.com/potential-at-work
- Get Alerts delivered to your inbox, notifying you when new content is available
- Read analyses of the latest trends shaping the world of information
- Vote in weekly poll questions and see how your peers are responding
Q: How can I get started?
A: Visit Potential at Work Community to sign up and start putting your potential to work. Follow us @PotentialAtWork