Tag Archives: Operational Reporting
There’s no denying that business continues to accelerate its pace, and that the luxury of using historical data for business intelligence (BI) and planning is quickly becoming a thing of the past. Today, businesses need immediate insight into rapidly changing data in order to survive and thrive. Data that’s even a few hours old—let alone a few days old—is largely useless. But most current information architectures today still only provide data that is a day, a week, or sometimes as much as a month old.
This leaves most BI, reporting, and analytics systems to operate without up-to-date data from operational systems, data that’s fundamental to making informed decisions about the business. To operate at the speed of business, it’s imperative that executives and decision makers have ready access to fresh information at all times, delivered continuously and automatically without impact on operational systems.
More and more organizations have found the answer in data replication. Data replication allows you to work with and make the best business decisions based on the freshest data drawn from all your operational systems. It delivers this current, up-to-date data in a seamless and non-intrusive manner, empowering you to operate at the speed of your business without constraints. It also automatically delivers this data wherever it’s needed – for operational intelligence, as well as operational use – without direct impact.
This unique “data-on-demand” approach removes the constraints of stale, old information and enables powerful outcomes for business initiatives. Fresh, current data drives new thinking across the enterprise, and can help organizations to:
- Increase revenue, delight customers, and outshine the competition
- Improve the quality and efficiency of business decisions
- Standardize on a single reliable and scalable solution that lowers costs and removes complexity
At Informatica, we’ve seen numerous customers implement Informatica Data Replication to deliver this fresh, up-to-date data for operational intelligence, reporting, and analytics, and report tremendous positive changes to their business. Some examples of customers using Informatica Data Replication with great success are:
- Westlake Financial Systems saved hundreds of thousands of dollars and improved its profitability and customer satisfaction through a more effective payment collection system
- Optus Australia increased both revenues and customer satisfaction by providing calling plan access, alerting, and self-service upgrades directly to its customer base
- A major national pharmacy chain accelerated and improved health care decision making across the business and increased agility and responsiveness to its customers, resulting in higher customer satisfaction while driving down the cost of technology
Is your business ready to make the leap to true operational intelligence using the freshest data to make your business decisions? Do you want to understand more about the impact that this kind of insight can make to your business?
If yes, please join us for a discussion with two business executives who have seen the impact in their own and their customers’ businesses using data replication on August 28 at 10 am Pacific. You can register using the link below.
The freshest data does make the best business decisions. We look forward to your joining and participating in the discussion.
Today, agility and timely visibility are critical to the business. No wonder CIO.com, states that business intelligence (BI) will be the top technology priority for CIOs in 2012. However, is your data architecture agile enough to handle these exacting demands?
In his blog Top 10 Business Intelligence Predictions For 2012, Boris Evelson of Forrester Research, Inc., states that traditional BI approaches often fall short for the two following reasons (among many others):
- BI hasn’t fully empowered information workers, who still largely depend on IT
- BI platforms, tools and applications aren’t agile enough (more…)