Tag Archives: mdm customers
What do our master data management(MDM) customers have in common? Regardless of industry, use case, region, or the type of information they are mastering, I’ve identified 10 key factors they have in common.
1) Company size is $500M+
2) Experiencing rapid company growth, likely due to mergers and acquisitions (more…)
We often hear from our Informatica MDM customers about the main benefits they’ve realized from master data management (MDM)—smarter, faster decision-making and greater productivity though timely and reliable data. What’s less widely recognized is that MDM is proving to be a powerful cost-saving engine, as well.
For instance, a global investment bank saved millions of dollars by using Informatica MDM to virtually eliminate maintenance and support costs for a complex web of point-to-point integrations. If you’re using or considering MDM, it’s a smart idea to assess the costs of unintegrated data systems and examine cost-saving strategies and tactics available through a multidomain, model-driven MDM solution.
We’ve just published a new white paper, “Seven Ways to Reduce IT Costs with Master Data Management,” that drills down into using MDM to target the redundancy, waste, inefficiency, and unnecessary maintenance and licensing typical of a heterogeneous data infrastructure. A sampling of these seven critical areas includes:
- Interface costs: How you can minimize costly point-to-point integrations that support key business processes
- Redundant third-party data: How you reduce acquisition costs of duplicate data from third-party providers such as Dun & Bradstreet or Acxiom
- Data cleanup: How you can efficiently centralize data quality to eliminate expensive manual efforts (more…)
Are you planning to attend Informatica World 2010 next week?
If so, I invite you to hear these breakout session presentations from our master data management (MDM) customers, including:
- Johnson & Johnson’s Charles Bloodworth, IT Director, Medical Devices & Diagnostics;
- Merrill Lynch’s Sal Caruso, Director, Client & Account Data;
- St. Jude Medical’s Mike Striefel, Senior Manager, Enterprise Information Delivery, and
- GlaxoSmithKline’s Nipun Bhonsle, Manager, Strategy, Architecture & Information. (more…)