Tag Archives: master data
Given a list of data domains that were critical to the success operation of a set of business processes, we start to get a picture of the interdependence of many applications on the same conceptual data. In our last discussion, we came to the conclusion that a top-down consideration of the value of quality data to specific activities would result in a list of dependent data domains for each activity.
Our customer executives delivered some inspiring presentations at our recent Informatica World conference on how master data management (MDM) is enabling strategic business imperatives such as increasing revenue by making more relevant cross-sell offers, improving regulatory compliance with more effective reporting, and streamlining key business processes such as order-to-cash to improve the customer experience. A big thank you to all the presenters for sharing their stories!
These innovative companies are using MDM to better leverage their business-critical data about customers, products, channel partners, suppliers, employees and so on to do two things: 1) enable strategic imperatives or 2) solve pressing business problems. If you were at Informatica World this year, but were unable to attend these MDM customer sessions, you can get access to the presentations online by searching for these titles. (more…)
Are you planning to attend Informatica World 2010 next week?
If so, I invite you to hear these breakout session presentations from our master data management (MDM) customers, including:
- Johnson & Johnson’s Charles Bloodworth, IT Director, Medical Devices & Diagnostics;
- Merrill Lynch’s Sal Caruso, Director, Client & Account Data;
- St. Jude Medical’s Mike Striefel, Senior Manager, Enterprise Information Delivery, and
- GlaxoSmithKline’s Nipun Bhonsle, Manager, Strategy, Architecture & Information. (more…)
Interested in master data management (MDM)? Check out the MDM Path at this year’s Informatica World 2010 conference, November 2-4 in Washington, D.C.
The MDM Path features seven breakout sessions with executives from Merrill Lynch, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, and Informatica, among others. You’ll hear real-world insights from users on how MDM has enabled companies to improve operations through consolidated business-critical data about customers, products, suppliers, partners, employees, and more.
It’s a great opportunity to find out what’s happening in the fast-moving MDM marketplace and learn about:
- Solutions: Best practices and lessons learned from practitioners who have solved pressing business challenges with Informatica MDM.
- Business Impact: How Informatica MDM provides the foundation for business solutions and the business value it generates.
- Platform and Products: Insights into innovative functionality for business users, data stewards, and IT.
- Architecture: What you need to know about the technical architecture of Informatica MDM.
- Tech Talk: Keys to success, pitfalls to avoid, and tips and tricks from implementation experts.
If you haven’t already, register for Informatica World 2010. We look forward to seeing you in Washington!