Tag Archives: master data management technology
We often hear from our Informatica MDM customers about the main benefits they’ve realized from master data management (MDM)—smarter, faster decision-making and greater productivity though timely and reliable data. What’s less widely recognized is that MDM is proving to be a powerful cost-saving engine, as well.
For instance, a global investment bank saved millions of dollars by using Informatica MDM to virtually eliminate maintenance and support costs for a complex web of point-to-point integrations. If you’re using or considering MDM, it’s a smart idea to assess the costs of unintegrated data systems and examine cost-saving strategies and tactics available through a multidomain, model-driven MDM solution.
We’ve just published a new white paper, “Seven Ways to Reduce IT Costs with Master Data Management,” that drills down into using MDM to target the redundancy, waste, inefficiency, and unnecessary maintenance and licensing typical of a heterogeneous data infrastructure. A sampling of these seven critical areas includes:
- Interface costs: How you can minimize costly point-to-point integrations that support key business processes
- Redundant third-party data: How you reduce acquisition costs of duplicate data from third-party providers such as Dun & Bradstreet or Acxiom
- Data cleanup: How you can efficiently centralize data quality to eliminate expensive manual efforts (more…)
One of the most critical first steps for financial services firms looking to implement multidomain master data management (MDM) is to quantify the cost savings they could achieve.
Unfortunately, a thorough analysis of potential ROI is also one of the steps least followed (a key culprit being disconnects between business and IT).
This shortcoming is spotlighted in a new Informatica white paper, “Five Steps to Managing Reference Data More Effectively in Investment Banking,” which outlines key questions to ask in sizing up the cost implications of bad data and antiquated systems, such as:
- How long does it take to introduce a new security to trade?
- How many settlements need to be fixed manually?
- How many redundant data feeds does your firm have to manage?
- How accurate and complete are your end-of-day reports?
- Do you have the data you need to minimize risk and exposure? (more…)