Tag Archives: HP
In my last post, I gave you a taste of our upcoming events: Informatica World (May 13-15) and our special pre-conference MDM Day (May 12) in Las Vegas. Today, I am going to take a closer look at various MDM sessions that will provide many opportunities to dive deep into this exciting technology.
We have several panels and sessions featuring Informatica clients and their real-world experiences with implementing MDM, overcoming challenges, and capitalizing on results. Citrix, Liberty Mutual, Morgan-Stanley, Nordstrom, Quintiles, and Thomson Reuters are just a few of the companies participating in this great event.
Here are a few sessions that I highly recommend attending:
- What’s New in Informatica MDM? – On Tuesday, my colleague Suresh Menon and I will present how Informatica MDM’s enhanced capabilities deliver even more flexible, scalable, rapid management of multi-domain master data on premise, in the cloud, or as a hybrid. This demo will show how the platform integrates with PowerCenter, Data Quality, and BPM. Attendees will also see a view of the product roadmap.
- Scaling MDM to Enterprise Size: Lessons Learned from HP’s ‘Ginormous’ Volume – Fran Anniballi and William Arkles from HP will present how leveraging master data can be key to application and business transformation, while addressing how loading huge volumes of data for hundreds of millions of records and thousands of users globally is a daunting challenge.
- AutoTrader’s Operational MDM: Creating A 360-Degree Customer View from M&As – On Wednesday, Jaideep Siswawala and Rachel Hua from AutoTrader will present on how to integrate multiple acquisitions after establishing a real-time operational MDM hub. In addition, AutoTrader will discuss how they used multi-domain MDM to create a 360-degree view of customer relationships to help dealers, OEMs, and ad agencies for increased revenues and greater customer satisfaction.
- McAfee-Intel Security and PricewaterhouseCoopers: Two Distinct Best-in-Class MDM Implementations – McAfee-Intel will present on how they use MDM to base critical business decisions and sales territory planning with a 360-degree view of customers and partners. PwC will present its use-case for global customer on-boarding and risk analysis.
- Implementing a Hybrid Architecture for Distributing MDM Globally – On Thursday, Informatica MDM architects will demonstrate how hybrid MDM integrates multiple MDM solutions across domains, geographies, MDM styles, and deployment approaches, exposing the master data to business users as a single seamless data layer.
- Hands-on Labs – The conference includes dozens of 45-minute Hands-on Labs hosted by Informatica product and service experts. MDM Labs include: MDM Multi-domain Edition, MDM for Healthcare, Cloud & Hybrid MDM, Performance Tips & Tricks, MDM for Financial Services, MDM Upgrade Best Practices,MDM IDD Best Practices
Back in the 1980s, business guru and best-selling author Tom Peters pitched a relatively simple approach to corporate success, one that he said was proven to deliver far greater dividends than any amount of computer processing and bean counting: MBWA, or “Management By Walking Around.”
That is, the companies that performed best were the ones whose managers actively went out into the trenches and listened to and engaged with their employees. MBWA was first practiced by HP’s David Packard in the 1940s. But by the time the computer age was in full swing four decades later, Peters felt the art of MBWA needed reviving in a world being overrun by MBA thinking that stressed system-based approaches over human intelligence.
Now, the developer of the Balance Scorecard – the ultimate expression of system-based approaches – appears to be suggesting that we need a little more MBWA to augment our highly developed, but still flawed, analytic approaches to business problems. (more…)