Tag Archives: data vulnerability
Data security breaches continue to escalate. Privacy legislation and enforcement is tightening and analysts have begun making dire predictions in regards to cyber security’s effectiveness. But there is more – Trusted insiders continue to be the major threat. In addition, most executives cannot identify the information they are trying to protect.
Data security is a senior management concern, not exclusive to IT. With this in mind, what is the next step CxOs must take to counter these breaches?
A new approach to Data Security
It is clear that a new approach is needed. This should focus on answering fundamental, but difficult and precise questions in regards to your data:
- What data should I be concerned about?
- Can I create re-usable rules for identifying and locating sensitive data in my organization?
- Can I do so both logically and physically?
- What is the source of the sensitive data and where is it consumed?
- What are the sensitive data relationships and proliferation?
- How is it protected? How should it be protected?
- How can I integrate data protection with my existing cyber security infrastructure?
The answers to these questions will help guide precise data security measures in order to protect the most valuable data. The answers need to be presented in an intuitive fashion, leveraging simple, yet revealing graphics and visualizations of your sensitive data risks and vulnerabilities.
At Informatica World 2014, Informatica will unveil its vision to help organizations address these concerns. This vision will assist in the development of precise security measures designed to counter the growing sophistication and frequency of cyber-attacks, and the ever present danger of rogue insiders.
Stay tuned, more to come from Informatica World 2014.