Tag Archives: customer satisfaction
In this video, Rob Karel, vice president of product strategy, Informatica, outlines the Informatica Data Governance Framework, highlighting the 10 facets that organizations need to focus on for an effective data governance initiative:
- Vision and Business Case to deliver business value
- Tools and Architecture to support architectural scope of data governance
- Policies that make up data governance function (security, archiving, etc.)
- Measurement: measuring the level of influence of a data governance initiative and measuring its effectiveness (business value metrics, ROI metrics, such as increasing revenue, improving operational efficiency, reducing risk, reducing cost or improving customer satisfaction)
- Change Management: incentives to workforce, partners and customers to get better quality data in and potential repercussions if data is not of good quality
- Organizational Alignment: how the organization will work together across silos
- Dependent Processes: identifying data lifecycles (capturing, reporting, purchasing and updating data into your environment), all processes consuming the data and processes to store and manage the data
- Program Management: effective program management skills to build out communication strategy, measurement strategy and a focal point to escalate issues to senior management when necessary
- Define Processes that make up the data governance function (discovery, definition, application and measuring and monitoring).
For more information from Rob Karel on the Informatica Data Governance Framework, visit his Perspectives blogs.
Would you be surprised to hear that his bill amount was not remotely close to the biggest billing mistake? One man in Texas got a bill 2,000 times the national debt!
Could there be an easier application of CEP (Complex Event Processing) to correct such silly errors? Some studies suggest that consumers are overbilled consistently in categories ranging from utilities to grocery stores. Watching for large deviations in current billing against historical norms can provide for easy identification of probable future issues. (more…)
Master data management is a hot topic in Asia Pacific. That was shown by the keen interest in MDM during Gartner’s BI Summit in Sydney, Australia, in end-February, and in a recent survey that Gartner conducted of the APAC community.
In that survey, master data management was ranked the #1 data-related technology under consideration for deployment in APAC. Forty-two percent of Gartner’s respondents put MDM at the top of their lists, ahead of dashboards/scorecards, predictive analytics, performance management, and 14 other technologies. Given that the survey found only 20 percent of APAC organizations are using MDM today, there’s clearly a lot of room for growth. (more…)
One of the major corporate objectives that Informatica tracks every quarter is “Improve Customer Satisfaction”. We look at at variety of metrics – both qualitative and quantitative – relating to how you, our customers, are engaging with us. We evaluate everything from Marketing to our technical support interactions, the critiques from our training courses, the engagement feedback from our professional services and more besides. All of these are reported regularly to our CEO and the Board of Directors.
So, we were delighted to receive an accolade recently in regard to our professional service organization. We were awarded the honor of being “best of the best” in SPI Research’s annual survey. This is very important to us, since I think it reflects our commitment to you - by focusing on differentiating ourselves by delivering the best possible service at all times. You can find the press release announcing the award here. (more…)