Tag Archives: agile data integration
Now you can experience the next best thing by attending InformaticaWorld 2014 and hearing the American Airlines US Airways Data Architects talk about the data challenges they faced. They will discuss the role of architecture in M&A, integrating legacy data, lessons learned, and best practices in Data Integration.
While you are at the show, you will have the opportunity to hear many industry experts discuss current trends in Agile end-to-end Data Integration.
Agile Data Integration Development
To deliver the agility that your business requires, IT and Business must pursue a collaborative Data Integration process, with the appropriate Analyst self-service Data Integration tools. At InformaticaWorld, you can learn about Agile Data Integration development from the experts at GE Aviation, who will discuss Agile Data Integration for Big Data Analytics. Experts from Roche, will discuss how Agile Data Integration has lead to a 5x reduction in development time, improved business self-service capabilities and increased data credibility.
Another aspect of agility is your ability to scale your Data Warehouse to rapidly support more data, data sources, users and projects. Come hear the experts from Liberty Mutual share challenges, pitfalls, best practices and recommendations for those considering large-scale Data Integration projects, including successful implementation of complex data migrations, data quality and data distribution processes.
The management of an enterprise-scale Data Warehouse involves the operation of a mature and complex mission-critical environment, which is commonly driven through an Integration Competency Center (ICC) initiative. You now have the need to inspect and adapt your production system and expedite data validation and monitoring processes through automation, so that data issues can be quickly caught and corrected and resources can be freed up to focus on development.
The experts from University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, along with Informatica Professional Services experts, will discuss best practices, lessons learned and the process of transitioning from ‘analytics as project’ to an enterprise initiative through the use of an Integration Competency Center.
Hear from the Informatica Product Experts
You will have many opportunities to hear directly from the Informatica product experts about end-to-end Data Integration Agility delivered in the recent 9.6 release of PowerCenter.
See PowerCenter 9.6 in Action
Don’t miss the opportunity to see live demos of the cool new features of PowerCenter 9.6 release at the multitude of hands-on labs being offered at InformaticaWorld this year.
For example you can learn how to empower business users through self-service Data Integration with PowerCenter Analyst tool; how to reduce testing time of Data Integration projects through automated validation tests; and how to scale your Data Integration with High Availability and Grid.
The sessions we described here are a sampling of the rich variety of sessions that will be offered on Data Integration at the show. We hope that you will join us at InformaticaWorld this year in Las Vegas on May 13-15 and as you plan your visit, please check out the complete listing of sessions and labs that are focused on Data Integration.
Please feel free to leave a comment and let us know which InformaticaWorld session/s you are most looking forward to! See you there!
The way I see it – it’s all about having access to the right data at the right time. A company is like a large ship that must be effectively steered at both a strategic as well as an operational level to reach its destination – despite treacherous waters. Where am I going with this? Well, companies continuously face challenging situations such as competitive threats, customer expectations, market trends, and other external constraints. Overcoming the challenges of global uncertainty requires business agility to navigate an efficient and effective course towards achieving the company’s objectives.
Ok – so what does all this have to do with right time data integration? Actually – EVERYTHING! Companies require timely information to add value to their products, customer relationships, and business partnerships – agreed? And business conditions today are influenced by powerful market forces such as globalization, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory compliance, fierce competition, tight operating budgets, increased demands for improved customer service, and ever faster product delivery – right? So, it should follow that only the most responsive and agile companies will perform the best.
If you are with me so far, you will immediately see the connection between business agility and the speed of data processing and delivery. This typically spans a wide range of latencies depending on the business process. In analytical data integration projects (e.g. data warehousing) latencies can range from weeks to days. Operational data integration projects on the other hand require information within hours, minutes, and seconds. Examples of such projects include real-time data warehousing, operational data hubs, data synchronization, data replication, and agile business intelligence (BI).
The success of such operational data integration projects depends on the ability to meet service level agreements (SLAs) related to data latency. You may require data delivered frequently (e.g., real-time or near- real-time) or infrequently (e.g., weekly batch windows). Or, you may need to move large data volumes or small datasets between applications. Or, have ready access to the most current data available in operational systems. Or, you may need to deliver new data and reports in days vs. months. Or, streamline the accessibility of business partner data. Or, be aware of real-time events as they occur.
So, whatever right time data integration means to you, please do join us at Informatica World 2013 to discuss – here are my recommendations on just some of the relevant activities on this topic:
Tuesday, June 4
- 9:00AM – 10:00AM – Platform & Products Track – Best Practices for Doing Data Replication the Right Way
- 10:15AM – 11:15AM – Architecture Track – Informatica for Agile Data Integration and Rapid Prototyping
- 11:30AM – 12:30AM – Big Data Track – Using Big Data and Events to Drive Operational Intelligence
- 2:00PM – 3:00PM – Architecture Track – PowerCenter Architecture
- 2:00PM – 3:00PM – Platform & Products Track – Real Time Data Integration with Next-Generation Data Replication
Wednesday, June 5
- 9:00AM – 10:00AM – Tech Talk Track – Look Deeper Into Operational Data with Data Replication and PowerCenter
- 9:00AM – 10:00AM – Platform & Products Track – Informatica for Real Time Data Integration
- 10:15AM – 11:15AM – Architecture Track – Transform Analytics and Customer Experience with Operational Intelligence
- 10:15AM – 11:15AM – Big Data Track – Unlock the Potential in External and Hierarchical Data Like XML and JSON
- 11:30AM – 12:30AM – Architecture Track – Data Integration Hub Implementation Best Practices and Architecture
- 11:30AM – 12:30AM – Best Practices Track – Using B2B Data Transformation to Tame Diverse Source File Structures
- 2:30PM – 3:30PM – Platform & Products Track – New Approaches to Reducing PowerCenter Testing and Monitoring Time
- 2:30PM – 3:30PM – Architecture Track – Automating the Payment Lifecycle with Informatica B2B
- 2:30PM – 3:30PM – Hybrid IT Track – Ultimate Software: Embedded Cloud Integration
Thursday, June 6
- 9:00AM – 10:00AM– Tech Talk Track – Proactive Monitoring: Greater IT Productivity with Streamlined Data Integration
- 10:15AM – 11:15AM– Platform & Products Track – What’s New from Informatica to Improve Data Warehouse Performance and Lowering Costs
- 10:15AM – 11:15AM – Architecture Track – Fast Tracking ROI from Analytics Platforms Using Fast Clone
- 10:15AM – 11:15AM – Architecture Track – Enabling Data Synchronization Projects with Informatica
- 11:30AM – 12:30AM – Best Practices Track – Best Practices for Delivering Proactive Operational Intelligence
- 11:30AM – 12:30AM – Big Data Track – Real-Time, High Performance Big Data Ingestion
- 11:30AM – 12:30AM – Platform & Products – Informatica Solutions for Oracle
- 11:30AM – 12:30AM – Tech Talk Track – Data Transformation Tips and Tricks
- 2:30PM – 3:30PM – Architecture Track – Real-Time Data Integration Best Practices and Architecture
- 2:30PM – 3:30PM – Platform & Products Track – Expediting Integration of External Data Sources and Formats
BIRDS OF A FEATHER ROUNDTABLES (Check Agenda for Daily Timings):
- How to Untangle the Data Integration Hairball
HANDS-ON LABS (Check Agenda for Daily Timings):
- Table 13 – Data Virtualization for Agile BI / Data Services
- Table 19 – Empowering Analyst Self-Service with Informatica Analyst
- Table 41 – Informatica Data Replication
- Table 44 – Data Integration Hub
- Table 45 – B2B Data Transformation
- Table 46 – B2B Data Exchange
- Table 47 – RulePoint / Operational Intelligence Platform
- Table 48 – Proactive Healthcare Decision Management
BOOTHS (Check Agenda for Daily Timings):
- Operational Intelligence and Reporting
- Real Time Data Integration
- External Data for Analytics
- Customer/Supplier Collaboration
- Operational Synchronization
I look forward to seeing you at Informatica World 2013.