This blog post feels a little bit like bragging… and OK, I guess it is pretty self-congratulatory to announce that this year, Informatica was again chosen as a leader in MDM and PIM by The Information Difference. As you may know, The Information Difference is an independent research firm that specializes in the MDM industry and each year surveys, analyzes and ranks MDM and PIM providers and customers around the world. This year, like last year, The Information Difference named Informatica tops in the space.
Why do I feel especially chuffed about this? Because of our customers.
My post today will take you through a more detailed look at the free pre-conference MDM Day on May 12th at Informatica World 2014 (May 13-15). These day-long events are so popular that we’ve even had to turn away attendees in past years. Prospective customers, clients and partners tend to find these presentations and panels extremely valuable.
To get an idea of the type of presentations you will see, view these videos from our last sold-out MDM Day in New York. The presentations, Q&A sessions, and breakout discussions provide rich insight into real-world experience with MDM and Informatica solutions.
The Las Vegas MDM Day will include presentations by customers on their MDM experience, best practices presentations, demonstrations of our latest release functionality, an overview of our planned roadmap of future releases, and breakout sessions for in-depth discussions.
Below is a more detailed look at some of the agenda highlights:
- Ginny Walker, chief enterprise architect at GE Aviation will present their multi-year journey to improve their installed-base asset data management. A panel discussion among experts from Thomson Reuters, HP, and Accenture will follow.
- The Sr. MDM Manager from St. Jude Medical, Andrew Urbanski, will discuss how their MDM program drove up business value inside their organization from initial use case through follow-on solutions. A discussion among panelists from EMC, Jones Lang LaSalle, and Wipro will follow.
- Michael Delgado, Information Management Director at Citrix, will present “Citrix MDM Case Study: From Partner 360 to Customer 360,” which takes us through the Citrix multi-domain MDM and data governance journey for channel partner, hierarchy and customer data. The follow-up panel will include experts from AutoTrader, McAfee-Intel Security , and Deloitte.
- John Poonnen, the Infosario Data Factory Director at Quintiles, will present how his company leverages a tailored, multi-domain MDM platform to gain a holistic view of business-critical entities such as investigators, research facilities, clinical studies, study sites and subjects. A discussion among panelists from Abbvie, Infoverity and CapGemini will follow.
- Dale Denham, CIO at Crestline/ Geiger, will present how product information improved Geiger’s ecommerce ability to promote and sell products. Later, he will be joined for a panel discussion with experts from Deloitte, LumenData and Ideosity.
- The afternoon will feature presentations and breakout sessions led by Informatica product teams giving demonstrations of new product features, business and use cases and roadmaps. Each session is addressed to specific audiences to provide the most relevant information.
- Our “Ask the Experts” session closes the day with 11 tables hosted by Informatica employees willing to have discussions with anyone in attendance. Lots of great questions are raised after a day of new in-depth information.
- Networking breaks and lunches also provide a chance for more casual discussion among Informatica experts, customers and partners.
Don’t miss this power-packed day of valuable MDM insight. Register today for the Informatica World Conference and make sure to reserve your spot at the free MDM Day Pre-conference. Learn more online, or contact me if you have any questions. I hope to see you there!
In my last post, I gave you a taste of our upcoming events: Informatica World (May 13-15) and our special pre-conference MDM Day (May 12) in Las Vegas. Today, I am going to take a closer look at various MDM sessions that will provide many opportunities to dive deep into this exciting technology.
We have several panels and sessions featuring Informatica clients and their real-world experiences with implementing MDM, overcoming challenges, and capitalizing on results. Citrix, Liberty Mutual, Morgan-Stanley, Nordstrom, Quintiles, and Thomson Reuters are just a few of the companies participating in this great event.
Here are a few sessions that I highly recommend attending:
- What’s New in Informatica MDM? – On Tuesday, my colleague Suresh Menon and I will present how Informatica MDM’s enhanced capabilities deliver even more flexible, scalable, rapid management of multi-domain master data on premise, in the cloud, or as a hybrid. This demo will show how the platform integrates with PowerCenter, Data Quality, and BPM. Attendees will also see a view of the product roadmap.
- Scaling MDM to Enterprise Size: Lessons Learned from HP’s ‘Ginormous’ Volume – Fran Anniballi and William Arkles from HP will present how leveraging master data can be key to application and business transformation, while addressing how loading huge volumes of data for hundreds of millions of records and thousands of users globally is a daunting challenge.
- AutoTrader’s Operational MDM: Creating A 360-Degree Customer View from M&As – On Wednesday, Jaideep Siswawala and Rachel Hua from AutoTrader will present on how to integrate multiple acquisitions after establishing a real-time operational MDM hub. In addition, AutoTrader will discuss how they used multi-domain MDM to create a 360-degree view of customer relationships to help dealers, OEMs, and ad agencies for increased revenues and greater customer satisfaction.
- McAfee-Intel Security and PricewaterhouseCoopers: Two Distinct Best-in-Class MDM Implementations – McAfee-Intel will present on how they use MDM to base critical business decisions and sales territory planning with a 360-degree view of customers and partners. PwC will present its use-case for global customer on-boarding and risk analysis.
- Implementing a Hybrid Architecture for Distributing MDM Globally – On Thursday, Informatica MDM architects will demonstrate how hybrid MDM integrates multiple MDM solutions across domains, geographies, MDM styles, and deployment approaches, exposing the master data to business users as a single seamless data layer.
- Hands-on Labs – The conference includes dozens of 45-minute Hands-on Labs hosted by Informatica product and service experts. MDM Labs include: MDM Multi-domain Edition, MDM for Healthcare, Cloud & Hybrid MDM, Performance Tips & Tricks, MDM for Financial Services, MDM Upgrade Best Practices,MDM IDD Best Practices
We are happy to announce many opportunities to add to your MDM knowledge at this year’s Informatica World Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada. The conference will run between May 13-15 and will feature many MDM sessions within the conference agenda and a pre-conference MDM Day on May 12th focused solely on MDM and PIM sessions.
May 12: MDM Day, “Driving Value from Business-Critical Information”
After the overwhelming response to our New York MDM Day in February – we are hosting a pre-conference MDM Day with a laser focus on MDM and PIM. Attendance is free when you register for the full Informatica World Conference. This Day features more than 20 sessions to choose from and provides a chance to learn from experts such as St. Jude Medical, Citrix, and Quintiles, and network with various companies that apply MDM and PIM solutions. We’ll host an “Ask the Experts” table with systems integration partners and present Informatica best practices and product roadmaps.
What: MDM Day – Driving Value from Business-Critical Information
When: Pre-Conference, May 12th, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Where: Cosmopolitan Hotel, Las Vegas
How: Sign Up Here for MDM Day (free with full conference registration)
May 13-15: 2014 Informatica World Conference – MDM Sessions
As the industry evolves, Informatica takes great effort to share our successes and bring our customers together to discuss their experiences in putting data strategies to work. This year, there will be more than a dozen sessions on MDM at the main conference, including:
- Scaling MDM to Enterprise Size: Lessons Learned from HP’s Ginormous Volume (HP)
- Operational Insight for MDM (Zurich American Insurance)
- Increasing Revenue and Retention in M&A (AutoTrader)
- Using MDM to Build a Complex Solution for Dynamic Business (Thomson Reuters)
- Two Distinct Best-in-Class MDM Implementations (McAfee-Intel Security and PwC)
Be sure to attend these and more to learn how industries from healthcare to retail are applying Informatica technologies to fit their objectives for data integration and management.
What: Informatica World Conference
When: May 13- 15th 2014
Where: Cosmopolitan Hotel, Las Vegas
How: Register Today!
Register today for the Informatica World Conference and make the most of your trip to Las Vegas with a free pre-conference MDM Day. Learn more about both events online, or contact me if you have any questions. See you in Vegas!
Last month, our MDM Day Conference in New York confirmed that data management is a hot topic. As many have sought additional knowledge regarding best practices, next month’s Gartner Enterprise Information & MDM Summit will provide great learning opportunities. As a sponsor, Informatica will host two sessions focused on MDM in action during this event from April 2nd – 4th in Las Vegas.
On Thursday, April 3rd, Informatica will present alongside one of our clients, AutoTrader. We’ll discuss AutoTrader’s successful integration of its auto dealers, OEMs, and ad agencies, through the use of multidomain MDM. As a result of this, AutoTrader increased revenue through cross-sell and upsell, and also improved customer service and retention rates through a 360-degree view of relationships.
You will learn how to architect a real-time operational MDM hub integrating multiple acquired companies, establish cross-functional data governance, and measure ongoing data quality. Lastly, we will discuss what worked and didn’t with business stakeholders and how to mitigate risk.
What: Increasing Revenue and Retention in M&A: AutoTraders’ Operational MDM Case Study
When: April 3rd, 10:15-11:15 AM
Where: Pallazo D, Venetian Hotel, Las Vegas
Later that afternoon, I will present “Hybrid MDM Architecture: Scaling On-premise MDM to Hybrid Cloud Hub-of-Hubs.” This presentation will cover how MDM implementations begin by solving the most pressing business problem in a single hub. While these implementations are mostly on premise, they can expand to another use case, domain, or region, and might evolve to another MDM hub within the cloud or in a different country. Whatever the journey is, the question is clear: How do you integrate different hubs in a hybrid or federated hub-of-hubs MDM architecture?
Come to this session to learn how certain leading companies are solving this conundrum.
What: Hybrid MDM Architecture: Scaling On-premise MDM to Hybrid Cloud Hub-of-Hubs
When: April 3rd, 1:15-1:35 PM
Where: Exhibit Floor, Theater Area, Venetian Hotel, Las Vegas
Experience is the best way to learn – but second-best is to learn from someone else’s experience. We look forward to seeing you at the Gartner Enterprise Information & MDM Summit on Thursday, April 3rd.
Register Here for the Gartner Conference.
Data migration projects are notorious for going over budget and over time. These large projects typically cost around $875,000 and an average of 30% of that is due to project overruns. In today’s fast-paced, big data era, organizations cannot afford these missteps. Unfortunately, many companies treat major data projects as one-off events. This approach leads to product launch delays, produces no re-usable assets or best practices, and presents an outsized risk to business objectives.
I look forward to sharing how the successful organizations we work with have combated these issues using Master Data Management (MDM) as a platform for systems consolidation, migration, and upgrade projects. MDM accomplishes the following:
- Creates authoritative, trustworthy data
- Simplifies migration architecture using a hub-and-spoke model
- Maintains data consistency across new and old systems post-migration
- Enables reuse of data, mappings, and rules for the next migration project
In summary, MDM allows organizations to minimize risk and increase the speed of data migration.
To address this topic, I will be hosting a webinar titled “MDM as Platform for Systems Consolidation, Migration and Upgrade” on March 19th at 2:00 PM Eastern. In this webinar, you will learn about:
- Challenges faced in systems consolidation, migration and upgrades
- Solutions MDM brings to address these challenges in pre-migration, during-migration, and post-migration phases
- Examples of companies using MDM to manage data migration as a repeatable process
- Tips for expanding the use of MDM beyond data migration for operational and analytical purposes
Join me to learn how MDM works in practice and to gain understanding of how it can help make your next systems consolidation, migration, or upgrade the most efficient and effective yet. Sign up today for the webinar on Wednesday, March 19, 2014.
Beyond our wildest expectations—not to mention our original room reservations—the Third MDM Day event on February 19th was a tremendous success, a “three-peat” if you will. Expecting 100 attendees, we had nearly 500 registrations and a crowd of 350 who braved the weather, including a quarter of whom traveled from outside the tri-state area, to join us in New York City for a wall-to-wall day of MDM discussion and presentations.
I have the pleasure of boasting that Informatica was positioned as a leader on the latest Forrester Wave™ Report covering MDM Solutions. We are so pleased in fact, that we want to share the report with you – for free.
Click on the link below to receive a free copy of the full Forrester Research report, The Forrester Wave™: Master Data Management Solutions, Q1 2014.
The report used a combination of four data sources to assess the strengths and weaknesses of selected solutions:
- Hands-on lab evaluations
- Vendor surveys
- Product demos
- Customer reference calls
The vendors were chosen based on product fit, customer success and Forrester client demand. The report evaluated vendors on 65 criteria which were grouped in three high-level categories – current offering, strategy and market presence.
Informatica was noted for our strength in mastering and integrating data. The report noted that we “define the master domain across the data ecosystem.” In their interviews with customers, Forrester reported, “Customers purchasing Informatica MDM are often looking for an out-of-the-box solution to solve particularly complex business challenges impacted by master data.” They noted that Informatica’s specialization “helps customers link master data management to business outcomes.”
As a service provider, we were particularly pleased with the results of Forrester’s calls with our clients. After all, the proof of a truly superior product is in its day-to-day, real-world operation. The reports states, “Informatica continues to compete and increasingly closes sales in head-to-head reviews. Clients state its strengths are configurability, scalability, performance, and understanding of the business impact.”
But please, read it for yourself! We want to share this good news by offering a free copy of the Forrester Wave™ Report, Q1 2014. We have built a great team here at Informatica and we proudly believe that the study results support our approach and performance.
Want to see why Informatica is riding high about the results? Click here.
“Opportunity for the large community to share experiences, lessons learnt, and help those that are starting the MDM journey get on the right track.”
Next month, Informatica will host its third MDM Day conference. Our past two events in Las Vegas and London have been huge successes thanks to the active participation of our customers, partners, and colleagues. The conference is structured to provide opportunities for you to share your ideas, provide guidance to our product management team, and learn from other customers’ MDM and PIM journeys.
When: February 12th, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Where: Westin Times Square
How: Register Here
A new year has arrived with many predictions relating to business data. Sounds a lot like last year, eh? The difference in 2014 is that some companies have begun to make real progress in tackling the huge shifts in IT and data management. This year, I believe that MDM will evolve in three key ways to handle the ever-increasing mobility, volume, and sources of data. (more…)