This year, over one dozen healthcare leaders will share their knowledge on data driven insights at Informatica World 2014. These will be included in six tracks and over 100 breakout sessions during the conference. We are only five weeks away and I am excited that the healthcare path has grown 220% from 2013!
Join us for these healthcare sessions:
- Moving From Vision to Reality at UPMC : Structuring a Data Integration and Analytics Program: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) partnered with Informatica IPS to establish enterprise analytics as a core organizational competency through an Integration Competency Center engagement. Join IPS and UPMC to learn more.
- HIPAA Validation for Eligibility and Claims Status in Real Time: Healthcare reform requires healthcare payers to exchange and process HIPAA messages in less time with greater accuracy. Learn how HealthNet tackled this challenge.
- Application Retirement for Healthcare ROI : Dallas Children’s Hospital needed to retire outdated operating systems, hardware, and applications while retaining access to their legacy data for compliance purposes. Learn why application retirement is critical to the healthcare industry, how Dallas Children’s selected which applications to retire and the healthcare specific functionality that Informatica is delivering.
- UPMC’s story of implementing a Multi-Domain MDM healthcare solution in support of Data Governance : This presentation will unfold the UPMC story of implementing a Multi-Domain MDM healthcare solution as part of an overall enterprise analytics / data warehousing effort. MDM is a vital part of the overall architecture needed to support UPMC’s efforts to improve the quality of patient care and help create methods for personalized medicine. Today, the leading MDM solution developer will discuss how the team put together the roadmap, worked with domain specific workgroups, created the trust matrix and share his lessons learned. He will also share what they have planned for their consolidated and trusted Patient, Provider and Facility master data in this changing healthcare industry. This will also explain how the MDM program fits into the ICC (Integration Competency Center) currently implemented at UPMC.
- Enterprise Codeset Repositories for Healthcare: Controlling the Chaos: Learn the benefit of a centralized storage point to govern and manage codes (ICD-9/10, CPT, HCPCS, DRG, SNOMED, Revenue, TOS, POS, Service Category, etc.), mappings and artifacts that reference codes.
- Christus Health Roadmap to Data Driven Healthcare : To organize information and effectively deliver services in a hypercompetitive market, healthcare organizations must deliver data in an accurate, timely, efficient way while ensuring its clarity. Learn how CHRISTUS Health is developing and pursuing its vision for data management, including lessons adopted from other industries and the business case used to fund data management as a strategic initiative.
- Business Value of Data Quality : This customer panel will address why data quality is a business imperative which significantly affects business success.
- MD Anderson – Foster Business and IT Collaboration to Reveal Data Insights with Informatica: Is your integration team intimidated by the new Informatica 9.6 tools? Do your analysts and business users require faster access to data and answers about where data comes from. If so, this session is a must attend.
- The Many Faces of the Healthcare Customer : In the healthcare industry, the customer paying for services (individuals, insurers, employers, the government) is not necessarily the decision-influencer (physicians) or even the patient — and the provider comes in just as many varieties. Learn how, Quest, the world’s leading provider of diagnostic information leverages master data management to resolve the chaos of serving 130M+ patients, 1200+ payers, and almost half of all US physicians and hospitals.
- Lessons in Healthcare Enterprise Information Management from St. Joseph Health and Sutter Health St. Joseph : Health created a business case for enterprise information management, then built a future-proofed strategy and architecture to unlock, share, and use data. Sutter Health engaged the business, established a governance structure, and freed data from silos for better organizational performance and efficiency. Come hear these leading health systems share their best practices and lessons learned in making data-driven care a reality.
- Navinet, Inc and Informatica – Delivering Network Intelligence, The Value to the Payer, Provider and Patient: Today, healthcare payers and providers must share information in unprecedented ways to reduce redundancy, cut costs, coordinate care, and drive positive outcomes. Learn how NaviNet’s vision of a “smart” communications network combines Big Data and network intelligence to share proactive real-time information between insurers and providers.
- Providence Health Services takes a progressive approach to automating ETL development and documentation: A newly organized team of BI Generalists, most of whom have no ETL experience and even fewer with Informatica skills, were tasked with Informatica development when Providence migrated from Microsoft SSIS to Informatica. Learn how the team relied on Informatica to alleviate the burden of low value tasks.
- Using IDE for Data On-boarding Framework at HMS : HMS’s core business is to onboard large amounts of external data that arrive in different formats. HMS developed a framework using IDE to standardize the on-boarding process. This tool can be used by non-IT analysts and provides standard profiling reports and reusable mapping “templates” which has improved the hand-off to IT and significantly reduced misinterpretations and errors.
Additionally, this year’s attendees are invited to:
- Over 100 breakout sessions: Customers from other industries, including financial services, insurance, retail, manufacturing, oil and gas will share their data driven stories.
- Healthcare networking reception on Wednesday, May 14th: Join your healthcare peers and Informatica’s healthcare team on Wednesday from 6-7:30pm in the Vesper bar of the Cosmopolitan Resort for a private Healthcare networking reception. Come and hear firsthand how others are achieving a competitive advantage by maximizing return on data while enjoying hors d’oeuvres and cocktails.
- Data Driven Healthcare Roundtable Breakfast on Wednesday, May 14th. Customer led roundtable discussion.
- Personal meetings: Since most of the Informatica team will be in attendance, this is a great opportunity to meet face to face with Informatica’s product, services and solution teams.
- Informatica Pavilion and Partner Expo: Interact with the latest Informatica and our partners provide.
- An expanded “Hands-on-Lab”: Learn from real-life case studies and talk to experts about your unique environment.
The Healthcare industry is facing extraordinary changes and uncertainty — both from a business and a technology perspective. Join us to learn about key drivers for change and innovative uses of data technology solutions to discover sources for operational and process improvement. There is still time to Register now!