For years, corporations have tried to solve business problems by “throwing new enterprise applications at them.” This strategy has created ‘silos of data’ that are attached to these applications and databases. As a result, it is now increasingly difficult to find, access and use the correct data for new projects.
Data fragmentation leads to slow project delivery and “shadow IT.” Without a change in enterprise data strategy, is it unlikely this problem will improve. On the contrary, the growth of cloud applications and platforms, mobile applications, NoSQL, and the “Internet of Things” create increasing urgency. Unless a new approach to enterprise data management is taken, the house of cards is going to crumble.
I seriously doubt that this is a surprise to most of you. The question is, “What should we do about it?” The Informatica World 2014 event is a perfect place to find answers. Here are eight benefits architects will enjoy at Informatica World 2014:
- A dedicated track of breakout sessions for architects. This track explores reference architectures, design patterns, best practices and real-world examples for building and sustaining your next-generation information architecture. The track will begin with a keynote on the broader issues of enterprise data architecture. It will also include panel of architects from leading companies.
- Inspiration to participate in defining the enterprise data architecture of the future. (I can’t spoil it by divulging the details here, but I promise that it will be interesting and worth your while!)
- New insights on how to manage information for the data-centric enterprise. These will expand your thinking about data architecture and platforms.
- Chances to network with architect peers.
- A Hands-on Lab, were you can talk to Informatica experts about their products and solutions.
- Updates on what Informatica is doing to bring business subject matter experts in as full partners in the co-development of data-related projects.
- A chance to win a one-hour one-on-one session with an Informatica architect at Informatica World.
- A chance to learn to control your biggest enterprise system: The collection of all data-moving resources across your company.
We believe that architecture is the key to unleashing information potential. To compete in today’s global 24x7x365 economy, business requires well-designed information architectures that can continuously evolve to support the new heights of flexibility, efficiency, responsiveness, and trust. I hope you will join us in Las Vegas, May 12-15!