Yesterday I attended Informatica’s first annual Cloud Connect conference in San Francisco, which was followed by a Dreamforce 2012 kick-off party sponsored by our partners Astada, Covisint, MicroStrategy and Zyme. It was a busy day, with a keynote from Juan Carlos Soto focused on the three pillars of our cloud computing product strategy, a deep-dive technical update and Ask the Experts stations for one-on-one interaction with product management. We also announced the winners of our 2012 Cloudy Awards! Congratulations to all of the winners! I’ll post some pictures next week.
It was great to interact with so many Informatica Cloud customers and partners, most of whom are in San Francisco this week for the annual Salesforce user conference at Moscone Center. With such a Salesforce-centric crowd, the highlight of the day for most attendees was clearly the new Informatica Cloud master data management (MDM) solution. In the panel discussion at the end of the day, it was interesting to get feedback on what the term MDM means (and doesn’t mean) to this audience. One panelist commented that when he hears the term “master data management” he thinks it’s an IT initiative tied to the data warehouse. We talked about how IT organizations are increasingly becoming Cloud First, the danger of cloud silos, the challenges of data fragmentation in the era of cloud best of breed, and the need to manage “SaaS sprawl.” We even talked about using terms like Master Cloud Management. But it was only when MDM was put in terms of what a Force.com-based solution means for the team responsible for rolling out Salesforce CRM that the potential benefits become clear.
Cloud MDM for Sales:
- Consolidate all of your data into a single view of your customer
- Capture entire customer relationships with hierarchies
- Improve upsell and cross-sell through accurate analytics
Cloud MDM for Marketing:
- Improve segmentation and targeting
- Connect your leads to existing accounts
- Enrich Salesforce data with 3rd party data
We’re going to be spending a lot of time talking about Cloud MDM and Cloud Integration at Dreamforce this week. Here is a video and slides that goes into more detail.
And if Master Data Management (MDM) is a new concept and you’re a salesforce.com customer, be sure check out this introduction video: Cloud MDM for the Social Enterprise.
- Here’s a summary where you can find Team Informatica at the event – starting at Booth 1313 in the Cloud Expo
- Tweet #1View and your best #DF12 picture to enter to win a pretty cool contest
- Follow @infacloud on Twitter for regular updates