The ICP program has one goal – to provide Informatica customers with assurance that those consultants working on their data integration initiatives possess the skills and knowledge required to deliver successful outcomes and maximize return on data.
Providing customers with the ability to validate the skills of employees and third party consultants working on projects leveraging Informatica technology is key to the success of our customers and to the long-term growth and success of Informatica.
The launch of the program garnered significant interest at Informatica World from both customers and partners….at times there were queues of people six deep lined up to talk to the team about the new offering.
During the customer panel on the closing day, the criticality of certification to the customer community became evident from some of the statements made by the panelists;
- “I can sleep at night because I don’t have to worry about finding qualified people.”
- “The certification helps me go through resumes a lot faster now with more confidence.”
- “As we bring on new folks I have a standard to hold them accountable to with the certification.”
The new ICP program introduces three levels of certification – Associate, Professional and Expert – in place of the current single level, with a progressive emphasis on validated product knowledge, field experience and certification in Informatica’s best-practice Velocity implementation methodology. To ensure relevant and consistent skills measurement, the new program introduces high-stakes, lab-based performance examinations combined with cost-effective anytime, anywhere proctored exam delivery.
The new ICP program’s three-stage structure correlates professional certification with the “what, how and why” of Informatica implementations:
- Associate – To achieve Associate status, a candidate undertakes Informatica product training and must pass a written exam, proctored in person or via webcam. The Associate exam validates that the individual understands the product (the what) and can contribute to a project as a junior team member.
- Professional – Following field experience, the candidate will take a proctored, high-stakes performance exam in a physical or virtual proctored environment, successfully applying Informatica technology to solve a particular problem (the how). Upon passing, the individual is now an Informatica Certified Professional and qualified to contribute to a project team as a full team member
- Expert – To achieve the highest level, Informatica Certified Expert status, an Informatica Certified Professional can subsequently elect to undertake Informatica Velocity Best Practices Training and Certification (the why).
Our new exams have been developed to define product competency by job role, where demonstrated performance and outcomes validate Informatica implementation skills.
The Associate level exams available now are v9.x for Data Integration Power Center, Data Quality and MDM Administrator and Developer. Professional level exams for V9.x for Data Integration Power Center, Data Quality and MDM Developer are in development, so stay tuned for further announcements.
We will launch certification for ILM – Data Archive and Test Data Management – later in 2012. In addition, new exams will be released in parallel with all new or major version releases of the Informatica Platform.
Re-certifying Under the New ICP Program: Special “Grandfather” Offers
Informatica’s new ICP program started on May 15. All existing Informatica Platform 8.x / 9.x certifications will expire and no longer be recognized after December 31, 2012.
However, we have great news for those who have been recognized as Informatica-certified on past product versions! Previously certified individuals seeking certification under the new ICP program can take advantage of two limited-time “grandfather” offers:
- Individuals who have achieved Informatica certification on Informatica Platform 8.x or 9.x before May 15, 2012 have the opportunity to take the new Associate level exams at a 50% discount. This special offer will expire after December 31, 2012.
- Individuals, who also want to progress to the next level under the new program and become an Informatica Certified Professional, can take advantage of a 15% discount from the cost of the standard Informatica Certified Professional exam if the individual registers for this exam by December 31, 2012.
- Those who purchased 8.x or 9.x exams prior to May 15, 2012 and have not yet attempted the exam will be able to take the new Associate exam without any additional cost.
To take advantage of these limited time offers and begin your migration to the new ICP program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keeping your certification up-to-date provides the assurance that you have the skills and capabilities required to be successful working on projects. We believe that having certified resources helps our customers realize ROI faster. Providing a market recognized measurement of these required skills on our many new products and major version changes helps our valued partners differentiate themselves amongst their competition. And, on the individual level our certification recognizes you as having the necessary skills to ensure project success.