This week a milestone was announced for Informatica Cloud – the multi-tenant data integration service now surpasses 20 billion cloud data transactions and three million cloud data integration jobs per month. What does this mean, you ask? Simply visit Trust.InformaticaCloud.com/status and take a look for yourself. You’ll not only see real-time status of the on-demand service, you’ll see how many integration jobs and and transactions are being processed every day.
Here’s how Ron Papas, general manager, Informatica Cloud, summarizes the milestone in the press release:
“More than five years ago Informatica made a big bet on cloud. Today Informatica Cloud is a critical solution for customers around the globe who are taking advantage of our award-winning on-demand service to more effectively manage their hybrid IT environment and gain business advantage. As cloud data volumes soar, and use cases multiply, Informatica Cloud demonstrates how important it is for an integration solution to be equally effective in handling Big Data, both high-volume batch and real-time cloud integration tasks, in a robust self-service fashion.”
The announcement goes on to outline the five key areas of focus for Informatica and Cloud Computing:
- Enterprise-Class Functionality ensuring that cloud-based data integration supports the governance, scalability and performance expectations of all customers.
- Easy-to-Use Cloud Services bringing more data integration and data quality functionality to the cloud, both as purpose-built services and third-party extensions available in the Informatica Marketplace.
- Unified Hybrid Deployment delivering a high-degree of interoperability and sharing across cloud and on-premise implementations to facilitate collaboration between business and IT users in large organizations.
- Embeddable Cloud Integration enabling seamless, comprehensive integration capability for SaaS ISVs seeking to leverage world-class cloud integration to enhance the value and adoption of their own cloud service offerings.
- Universal Cloud Integration supporting all types of cloud computing deployments – software-, platform-, or infrastructure- as a service, and public and private clouds.
You can read the entire announcement here.
On Tuesday, August 3oth Informatica is excited to be showcasing our cloud integration capabilities at Dreamforce 2011. I summarized some of our planned activities in this post, and I’m excited to announce that due to overwhelming demand, we will be running our customer session a second time at the conference. On Tuesday, Aug 30th at 5pm Informatica Cloud customers from PSA Financial, Topcon Global Positioning and Qualcomm will be speaking: Hybrid IT: The Importance of Integration to Salesforce Success.
If you’re planning on attending Dreamforce, be sure to drop by Booth #1115 and say hello. You can also follow @infacloud on Twitter for regular updates. It’s going to be a fantastic event and clearly data integration is going to be a very *big* topic all week long.