You will learn how business and IT can collaborate to improve customer acquisition and retention, which I bet is one of your company’s top three business imperatives.
Your marketers, salespeople and customer service reps may be brilliant. They may have stellar strategies on how to better meet customer needs and create an outstanding customer experience—one that exceeds the experience your competitors are providing. But without access to the complete customer data they need, they are being held back from achieving their revenue and profit potential.
Companies need to have the technology in place to bridge the data silos to empower customer-facing teams with trusted and complete customer data so they can excel.
To facilitate a dialogue between business and IT on the importance of addressing the company’s data challenges to improve customer acquisition and retention, we are hosting a Customer Data Forum Roadshow. Check out this 4-Minute Video, where Ravi Shankar and I explain the importance of these this Forum.
The Customer Data Forum is a half day event. We encourage IT to invite their business counterparts. The goal is to collaboratively understand and address the obstacles holding the company back from improving customer acquisition and retention.
- Our highly-rated keynote speaker is R “Ray” Wang, award-winning technology analyst from Constellation Research Group and author of the popular blog “A Software Insider’s Point of View.” Ray is also a former analyst at Altimeter Group and Forrester Research. He’ll share why customer data is the missing link for strategic success.
- Our Informatica executives will share how the Informatica Customer Centricity Solution provides trusted and complete data to improve customer acquisition and retention. Executives vary by city and include:
- Ivan Chong, Executive Vice President, Data Quality Product Division
- Girish Pancha, Executive Vice President, Data Integration Product Division
- Arvind Parthasarathi, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Master Data Management Business Unit
- Chris Boorman, Chief Marketing Officer and Senior Vice President of Education & Enablement
- Our experienced Global Systems Integrator (GSIs) such as Capgemini, Cognizant, Infosys, and TCS will explain how to overcome the challenges of building a business case.
Register Now! www.informatica.com/more/customerdataforum