Reposted with permission
Shahid Shah’s healthcare IT, EMR, EHR, PHR, medical content, and document management advisory service. Enjoy.
Join me for a free webinar on “Understanding the Escalating Data Challenges of Meaningful Use” on Thursday, April 7th
I’ve been doing a good deal of coaching and consulting on what Meaningful Use really means to technology professionals lately so I was pleased to accept an invitation by Informatica to lead a webinar on that subject for a data management audience.
Data management professionals and the executives that they report to have now had enough time to learn how difficult meeting the escalating requirements for MU actually is; most are reporting that it’s been more work than they thought. Gone are the days when health systems thought they could just install a certified EHR and they would be able to meet the MU goals. Everyone now understands that even if they’re able to collect the measures required in the first phase of MU, the escalating data challenges of later phases will be more difficult.
Join me next Thursday at 2:00p EDT to learn about the real impacts of meaningful use and why it’s clear now that simply installing an EHR will not be enough. Learn what clinicians, executive management, and healthcare data management professionals need to know about achieving HITECH meaningful use and certification beyond the obvious list of MU requirements.
In this one hour webinar, you’ll learn:
- How technical personnel such as data architects, DBAs and developers are being affected by MU
- The best ways to determine the MU gaps that might be found in existing systems and how a data integration strategy might work to fill them
- What skill gaps you will need to fill in your staff to be successful
- Addressing data challenges even when MU-certified EHR is already installed
- How legacy systems can hinder success of their EHR implementation
- Case study examples of organizations who tackled these data challenges and are on the path to demonstrating meaningful use and driving value beyond.
Learn how a comprehensive and planned approach towards data management will position your organization to innovate and optimize patient care delivery and experience while streamlining operations. It’s free to attend and you’ll receive a companion white paper I wrote as well, register for it here.