I just returned from Informatica World 2010 and wanted to share the numerous stories and experiences from some of our banking and capital markets customers using Informatica beyond Extract/Transform/Load (E.T.L) and beyond data warehousing. More importantly, how Informatica is helping these companies combat fraud, manage risk and compliance, accelerate M&A integrations, attract and retain customers, and improve operational efficiencies. Take a look at what I learned!
- A large global bank shared how they use Informatica Data Masking to protect sensitive test data used to support application development projects and comply with Gramm-Leach Bliley, FFIEC guidelines on data security and confidentiality related to outsourcing, and the new Massachusetts Data Privacy Law 201 CMR 17.
- A large New Zealand Bank discussed how the leverage Informatica Data Profiling, Informatica Data Quality, and Informatica Metadata management to support enterprise data governance to deliver accurate and consistent data to improve customer retention and service, risk and compliance, and fraud across the bank.
- A large global financial institution talked about how Informatica Multidomain MDM helps deliver a single view of their clients across wealth management, investment, and retail banking ensure that their sales, marketing, and customer services applications have access to consistent and accurate client relationship information helping improve performance and productivity of their financial advisors.
- A large global bank talked about how Informatica is used for Real-time Data Integration to access and deliver real-time transactional data from legacy mainframe systems into a new Asset Servicing portal, improving their competitive position in the marketplace, accelerating post merger integration and improving shareholder value.
- BBVA Compass Bank shared how Informatica Data Integration replaced custom hand coded integrations in the areas of combating global money laundering and terrorist financing and to comply with Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and Bank Secrecy Act regulations by accessing and delivering data from 17 systems into their Oracle Mantas Anti-Money Laundering system helping reduce the amount of false hits and time spent on false hits, freeing up more time to review the quality alerts, and reducing false positive alerts .
These are just a few examples of the over 600 financial services companies worldwide using Informatica. Learn more about Informatica for Banking/Capital Markets and Insurance on our website and see all of you at the next Informatica World event.