This week Cloudbook published an article called: Could Data Sprawl in the Cloud Cost You Your Job? It features an overview of Informatica Cloud and includes many best practices for organizations seeking to develop a cloud data integration strategy. Going beyond the traditional CIO challenges (aka the” 5 c’s” – cost, compliance, complexity, competition and credibility), the article outlines the top 6 data challenges of cloud computing. They are:
- Ensuring that sensitive data is protected and secure.
- Granting your knowledge workers timely, secure access to data.
- Keeping data integrated and in sync so business users know they can trust the data to be up to date and accurate.
- Offering self-service data integration tools so business users are able to leverage data across applications.
- Maintaining IT’s control over data as it moves into service-provider clouds.
- Keeping business and IT interests aligned as data (and the control and management of that data) moves beyond the firewall.